Larchmont Elementary School
Mr. George Jackson
Welcome, Mr. Jackson!
Larchmont's school family welcomes a new principal this year as Mr. George Jackson takes the helm. While new to Larchmont, Mr. Jackson is well known to many of our families through his experience as Assistant Principal at the Harrington Middle School since 2006. Prior to coming to Mount Laurel, Mr. Jackson had ten years experience in the Plainfield Schools in various positions including Technology Coordinator, Summer School Principal and Vice Principal.
A graduate of New Jersey Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science Degree, Mr. Jackson also holds a Masters Degree from Kean University and is pursuing his Doctorate Degree from Rutgers University in New Brunswick.
About Our School:
Our Parent Teacher Organization is very active at Larchmont Elementary School. The P.T.O. sponsors a number of enriching activities for the students and staff. They provide financial support as well as family sponsored social activities for our children.
- Elementary School Assignment Letters will be sent home via e-mail on Friday, August 28. If you do not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Hello Day for incoming 5th-graders at Hartford School will take place on Tuesday, September 1. Details were provided in assignment letters.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal will open on Monday, August 31. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at that time.
Transportation Reminder: If your child will be picked-up or dropped off at a location other than your home, make sure you complete a Day Care-Babysitting Bus Stop Request Form by August 28. Those requests submitted after August 28 will not be honored for the first two weeks of school. Requests received after August 28 will not go into effect until September 15.
- Harrington House Announcement e-mail was sent on August 17.
- Hartford Team Assignment e-mail was sent on August 24. Fifth-Graders: You'll need this to know which Hartford Hello Day session to attend on September 1.
- All Elementary e-mails were sent on August 28.
Don’t wait until the end of summer to register new students! Classes are formed and bus routes developed throughout the summer. Late registrations impact class sizes and may result in transportation delays for your child.
Adult Canvas Mixers Event, 7 p.m.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.
Grades 1-4: 9 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
PK & K A.M.: 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
PK & K P.M.: 12:55 p.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Early dismissal grades 1-4: 1 p.m.
* On half-days, P.M. Kindergarten begins at 10:30 a.m. and dismisses at 1 p.m.
* Pre-Kindergarten students will not attend school on half-days
Larchmont School's Anti-Bullying Specialist is Vanessa Podolak, 301 Larchmont Blvd., 856-273-3700